Botox is a purified protein, which acts as a nerve blocker and blocks the impulses form specific nerves which make certain muscles contract. Without the nerve impulse the muscle doesn’t contract and unwanted lines e.g. forehead lines, frown lines, crow’s feet (lines at the sides of the eyes) can’t form, thus it gives a relaxed look, and decreases wrinkle formation.
This protein is reversible, and will last up to 4 months, in which time another treatment will be needed. After about your 4th or 5th treatment the muscle should be in a very relaxed condition and less treatment will be needed.
Juvederm Fillers are used wherever there is volume loss or very deep wrinkles occur. It enhances volume, fills up deep creases on the face, can augment lips and redefine them etc. Overall it can help to restore the youthful contours of the face.
It consists of hyaluronic acids, which is a naturally occurring human protein responsible for hydration and cushioning of the skin.
The typical areas and treatments are
- Nasolabial folds (lines from the end of the nose to the end of the lips),
- Perioral area (wrinkles around the lips)
- Marionette lines (lines from the mouth corner to the jaw line, accentuating the downturn of the mouth)
- Lip augemnation, providing definition to thin, wrinkled lips without looking overdone
- Filling in scars (acne, trauma)
- “tear-through deformities” (hollow under-eye circles), hollow cheeks, cheek-lift, brow-lift and
- Jowls and sagging, by redefining the jaw line